Saturday, January 5, 2008

Oh, I am sick of this waiting thing!

My impatience knows no bounds. I just simsubbed two stories, because the freaking markets I sent them to MONTHS AND MONTHS AGO are taking too long. In one case I'm pretty sure they never actually received the story and I'm not really interested in resending it; in the other case, I just realized I subbed to a non-paying market, so I'll probably withdraw it anyway. At any rate, I have absolutely no respect for markets who pay rock-bottom prices and yet still sit on stories for months on end. If they can't keep on top of the slush pile, close to subs for a while or get someone to help slushbust.

I also wrote a flash piece and sent it off, and sent a query off for the venerable manuscript Weaver's Shroud. Other than that, and finishing my jigsaw puzzle (minus two pieces the cats lost), I have done zero things today. Compulsively checking my email doesn't count, especially since all I ever get are offers to enlarge a piece of human anatomy that I don't actually have.

Time to do some work on White Rose, which continues in its corny, well-worn groove. I'm actually kind of having fun with it. Today the party will set off for the mountains, where they hope to find the immortal wizard Somebody-whose-name-I've-forgotten the Dragon, who will help them find a gate to another realm, which is guarded by the white stag. Our heroine Rose is pretty damn excited about the white stag.

I'm having so much fun with White Rose, in fact, that I went and took the Mary Sue test to make sure I wasn't, you know, having too much fun. But Rose scored really low as a Mary Sue, and the whole thing gave me the idea for that flash piece I wrote this morning, so all is well.

3 comments:

seaslug_of_doom said...

You know, with the state of medical science, these days, you might be able to obtain that piece of anatomy that you don't have. Then all your waiting time would be taken up with pr0n.

And so it goes.

K.C. Shaw said...

Well, I guess I could just borrow someone else's anatomy and pass the time just as well that way.

Er, sorry, that could be taken any number of ways, none of them really savory.

On the other hand, I understand I can buy any number of practically authentic Rolex watches. Teh internets win again!

seaslug_of_doom said...

So that's where my hair went! Borrowed!