Well, I didn't get any writing done today despite having the day off work due to SNOW--yes, more snow, it's crazy!--and I didn't get any writing done yesterday or Saturday either.
On the other hand, the Bell-Men edits are done.
Yup, that's what I did this weekend, starting Friday night. I read over Bell-Men with a careful, critical eye, fixing anything that struck me as awkward or off. I also made sure the chapters were all about the same length and numbered consecutively, and that I hadn't accidentally changed anyone's name halfway through. I had originally intended to cut at least 10,000 words and I probably could if I had to, but the story doesn't seem padded and every scene I'd thought about cutting actually contributes to the plot. I only ended up trimming about 500 words, which makes the final wordcount a stupendous 124,500 words. Now, of course, I need to write the query and synopsis--ugh ugh ugh.
I think the book's good. Whether it'll interest an agent I don't know, since obviously I haven't had any luck interesting agents in any of my books so far. Eventually I'm going to run out of legitimate agents to query, too, since once an agent has said no to one project, I don't typically query about another project. When I do find an agent, I want him or her to represent all my books, not just the one that interested them initially. If they've already said no to one book, they're off my list.
I suspect I won't get an agent until I've sold a book to a big publisher, which means I probably won't get an agent until, oh, 2015 or so.