Saturday, August 14, 2010

Blah blah blah

I think the more I twitter, the less I blog. Of course, it doesn't help that I don't have much to blog about lately. Blah blah wordcount blah blah my job is exhausting blah blah rearranging bookshelves blah blah rejection blah blah blah.

Last night I mowed the lawn. I think I made about a dozen tweets about it, as if it was important or something, and then I realized just what a tedious person I've become. Not that I've ever been the sort to do great big amazing things, but seriously. Tweeting more than once about mowing the lawn? Sad.

At least I can console myself that while I was mowing the lawn, I was working out plot points for The Trickster Society, which of course is a book about a troll woman who spends her days as a bodyguard-in-training and her nights as a trickster. So I was being a supremely boring person and a kind of interesting person at the same time! Although you couldn't tell that from the tweets.

4 comments:

Fox Lee said...

My inner life is always more exciting than my outer one. I think that's what makes a lot of people go into writing.

K.C. Shaw said...

I never thought of it like that. Now I feel better. :)

Cate Gardner said...

At least you mowed your lawn. We don't mention mine.

K.C. Shaw said...

I'm starting to wonder if I should just let it grow and then hire someone to hay and bale it for me. The landlord did say we could do whatever we liked with the yard when we moved in.