Sunday, October 31, 2010

Here we go!

Less than two hours to go until NaNoWriMo!

I've decided to do it this way: Tomorrow I will open a brand new file on my computer. Every day during November I will type into that file, no matter what project I'm working on. At the end of the day, I'll copy the day's text and paste it into the appropriate WIP file. That way I can keep track of how many words I've written while still working on more than one project. With 50,000 words, I'm bound to finish at least one project even if I mess around and add to all of my six projects during November. Yes, six. Freaking crazy.

For those keeping track at home, I'm actively working on Adventures in Zoology, the steampunk Goldielocks story (tentatively titled "Goldie"), How Christopher Kaplan Learned to Lie, Little Sparrow, Stag in Ruin, and the untitled romance. Seven if you count the revisions I need to do for The Trickster Society.

I'm also going to have to spend NaNo working on edits--not just for The Weredeer but for my novella coming out soon from Double Dragon, The Dragon Whisperer. Which was last year's NaNo project, as it happens.

5 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

Sounds like a plan. I have a few shorts I need to write and fully intend to halt work on the novel if inspiration strikes.

Fox Lee said...

I am going to vacauum and admire my new poster. Also a nap perhaps.

K.C. Shaw said...

Cate--You can always add in your shorts to your wordcount if you fall short at the end of the month. (That's why they call them shorts?)

Natalie--And then write write write!

Danielle Birch said...

You're inspiring me to finish up some of my other projects as well. I wonder if I can fit it in...

K.C. Shaw said...

Sure you can! You don't have to sleep!