Monday, January 10, 2011

New Year, New Template

Well, Cate Gardner changed her blog and it looks so nice that my own blog seemed really boring in comparison. So...new template! Besides, it makes me think of spring and I'm sick of snow and cold.

I subbed the romance book (titled Shadows over Oakhill)--not to Harlequin, since it just didn't fit with any of their lines, but to Samhain. Hopefully they'll like it. Whether they do or not, I think I can say that the ignoble experiment was a failure. I like the book (well, it's really a novella), but I didn't meet my goal of selling it to Harlequin. But I expect I'll sell it somewhere, and it'll be interesting to see how it does compared to my fantasy books.

I'm home from work today due to the snow--oh, look, it's snowing again--and I've actually done quite a bit of writing. I'm finally using my time wisely! In between tweeting and updating my blog design, of course.

8 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

Liking the new look. And yes please, roll on spring.

K.C. Shaw said...

I couldn't find anything I liked better. I'm too impatient to fuss with it much, to be honest.

Aaron Polson said...

The dandelions are the best part. ;)

Good luck with the book. It's all one big experiment, isn't it?

K.C. Shaw said...

I want to hug the dandelions. :)

Jameson T. Caine said...

Nice look. It provides the illusion of warmer weather. After freezing my butt off today, I'll take it!

K.C. Shaw said...

Me too! I'm totally ready for warm weather, or at least for the snow to melt.

Fox Lee said...

Very spiffy!

PS: Word verification = phalli. The alternative title to your romance novel?

K.C. Shaw said...

There really should have been a C on the end of that just for you. :)