Saturday, August 27, 2011

I posted!

The days are rolling along so fast I can't keep up. I didn't even realize I hadn't posted for weeks.

I got a new laptop, too, so I have no excuse. I liked my little Asus eee PC netbook so much, but it was starting to really tear up--garbage screens occasionally, the second keyboard is going out again, etc. It was time for another one, and I decided to go for another Asus netbook, but a bigger one. The timing was perfect, since I got royalties from DDP that came close to paying for it a few weeks ago.

Speaking of Double Dragon Press, I went ahead and sent them Evil Outfitters, Ltd, and they accepted it already. I don't have time to self-publish anything right now, and I'm doing very well with that publisher.

I still haven't heard from Angry Robot about Bell-Men. From what I hear, only about 25 manuscripts were moved up to editorial, so I'm in a rare group. But they can't accept all 25--they may not accept any, who knows?--and I expect to be rejected in the fullness of time. Since I can't interest an agent even at this stage, it's possible DDP will get Bell-Men eventually.

4 comments:

Alan W. Davidson said...

I hear ya about the 'non-posting' business. It's been at least two weeks since I last posted.

A new computer. Nice. Double-nice that royalty money covered most of it too! I bet that Bell-Men will find a home one day.

K.C. Shaw said...

Thanks, I hope so. The new laptop is a lot of fun, even though it has Windows instead of Linux.

Cate Gardner said...

Evil Outfitters is going to be published!!! You just made my day. Congrats, Kate.

K.C. Shaw said...

I'll send you a copy. :)