Monday, November 19, 2012

More pictures of food

If I didn't cook (and didn't have this awesome little camera), I don't know what I'd blog about.


I made these from this recipe, only I added a tsp of almond extract to the dough, and for the filling I mixed about 1/4 c. raspberry jam with about 1/4 c. unsweetened, smooshed-up raspberries (because I wanted these to taste like raspberries instead of jam).

As it happens, I don't much like rosewater. I bought it on impulse last month and found this recipe because I wanted to know what to do with it. It's very strong and perfumey, naturally, but it makes me feel like I'm eating face cream. Next time I make these I might use lemon extract in place of the rosewater.

4 comments:

Paula RC said...

Wow they look lovely! thank you for sharing the recipe with us. How is your writing going, K. C.?

Best wishes,

K.C. Shaw said...

They smell and taste really good too.

I'm about to finish a new book, although it's too short. But I can add scenes in rewrite!

Richard said...

5 days left...

K.C. Shaw said...

Shut up shut up shutupshutupshutup!

I only have 10k to write in five days, so there.