Saturday, November 21, 2015

Sweet potatoes

I have this sweet potato recipe that I use all the time. It's so much better than the kind with marshmallows on top. A friend suggested I post it so here it is.

Sweet Potato Casserole

3 c cooked mashed sweet potatoes (about three 15 oz cans)
1 c sugar
1/4 c milk
2 eggs, well beaten
1 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice

Mix and pour in well-buttered casserole dish. Mix topping in a small bowl and spread on top of sweet potato mixture (it's thick so I spoon it on).

Topping:
1/2 c melted butter
1 c brown sugar
1/2 c flour
1 c chopped pecans

Bake at 350oF for about 30 minutes. EAT IT ALL YOURSELF WITH A GIANT SPOON.

1 comment:

Kelly Robinson said...

Thanks for sharing. My family likes the marshmallow kind (ugh), so I really would be eating this by myself with a big spoon.