Thursday, March 13, 2008

Hmm, another novella?

Remember, months and months and months ago, when I was all excited about the mystery/urban fantasy I was planning? And nothing ever came of it? I've been thinking about it on and off, and today I realized it was perfect for Samhain's humorous paranormal romance "Tickle My Fancy" novella anthology.

How's that for a specific market?

Of course, I have to drop the mystery part--which is fine, since while I like reading mysteries, I'm not really convinced I can write them. And I have to punch the romance elements way up--which is also fine, because I'm already drooling over the love interest. And I have to give it sort of a plot beyond just the typical girl meets boy thing. But I think it'll be fun to write, and hopefully fun to read, and best of all, it only has to be 18-20,000 words.

No comments: