Saturday, May 24, 2008

Revisions revised

I went ahead and read over the newly-revised sequel to The Weredeer. I hadn't looked at the first half for a while, since it was the second half with all the problems. I added several paragraphs at the beginning to set the scene a little better, and I caught and fixed a few minor continuity errors.

I'm very pleased with the result. It's got more in common with the first book than I like, but I purposefully left some things unresolved for the sequel. Unfortunately, that means the characters had to go back and revisit people and places from the first book, although I did add a lot and I think it's actually a stronger book than the first. It's also longer, clocking in with a final count of 92,000 words--a full 10k longer.

Now I just need to do three things: Sell the first book, come up with a decent title for the second, and finish the third. Much more fun than writing a stupid paranormal romance novella, frankly.

2 comments:

Catherine J Gardner said...

Much more fun than writing a stupid paranormal romance novella, frankly.

I concur.

K.C. Shaw said...

With the added bonus of having the world and characters already worked out and ready for me to play with. :)