I finally finished the revisions to The Weredeer sequel. It took much longer than expected because I changed so much, I had to rewrite almost the entire second half. It ended up much longer, too--91,000 words! That's 9,000 words longer than The Weredeer, although I suspect I'll trim several thousand when I polish the rewrite. I think I finally got it right, although until I reread the whole thing in one go I don't have a good feel for how the story is shaped now. I just hope I don't have to do this again--this was the third major rewrite of this book.
I'm glad I'm done, since I've got so much else to do. I've agreed to write a nonfiction article for a new magazine, and I need to get that done this weekend so I can free myself up to work on the paranormal romance novella I have planned. I've still got two weeks before Samhain's Tickle My Fancy deadline; if I can bash out a decent outline, two weeks is long enough to write 18,000 words and do revisions too.