Sunday, June 15, 2008

Les Bonnes Fees and grilling

Hop on over and read the first issue of Les Bonnes Fees, a new fairy tale magazine. I have an article in it, "Spinning in Fairy Tales." The rest of the issue is a lot of fun too--I've been reading it and enjoying what I've read so far.

In other news, my mom surprised me with one of those cute little $10 grills they sell at Walmart, and we got together this afternoon and had grilled chicken, broccoli, and rice (broccoli and rice not grilled) with lemonade and, for dessert, orange Jello and whipped cream with raspberries! I've never had a grill before--or at least, I've never had a grill that I've used before (my last house did have a very nice grill, but it was propane fueled and I figured if I tried to use it, it would explode and kill me and burn the house down too). I like my little Son of Hibachi. It's the perfect size for my tiny deck.

I hope my neighbors were jealous when they smelled that sweet mesquite chicken grilling. I didn't invite them over.

4 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

Ooh, I'll check that mag out later - I love Fairy Tales.

K.C. Shaw said...

I still haven't read the whole issue (I got distracted), but the fairy tales I have read were a lot of fun!

Camille Alexa said...

I have a feeling this mag's going to do well. Congrats again on the article!

K.C. Shaw said...

Thanks! I think they're going to do well too. They've got a professional layout and good content.