Thursday, December 4, 2008

Dead Publishers

I think I must have killed Trunk Novels. You know, they were supposed to publish Weaver's Shroud in November, and then the site wasn't updated so I figured they were waiting until December, and now it still hasn't been updated. So since I haven't received any notice from them either, I figure they're dead. That makes at least the third publisher I've killed this year. They're in good company, though, since I had a hand in killing WOTC Discoveries and I think I've killed Fictitious Force.

Not much going on here after all the excitement of the move. I'm writing the tentatively-titled Blood Treasure and I still haven't figured out how to work in the titular blood treasure part--I mean, I know what it is, but I don't know how it fits with the plot I've come up with. Still, I forge ahead, because that's better than writing short stories!

6 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

That's because there is a bigger and better publisher just around the corner waiting to publish the book.*


*If they last the week. :)

Jamie Eyberg said...

They usually don't get around to getting me a response before they fold with me. I have found wonderful markets that those unworthy markets couldn't handle my stuff.

Aaron Polson said...

"...because that's better than writing short stories!"

Oh, the pain. You stabbed me right in the short story writer's heart. Ack, ack, (extra drama here), ack...

;)

K.C. Shaw said...

Cate--yeah, the lasting part is the dangerous part!

Jamie--you're too good for them, man! They fold out of inadequacy! Maybe that's my problem too.

Aaron--yeah, make me feel jealous, evil person.

Carrie Harris said...

Yeah, but what you don't know is that your story was so good that they expired on the spot. Happy.

Uh... I'm trying. ;)

K.C. Shaw said...

HA! Well, it was a nice try. :)