Friday, December 19, 2008

Read me at MindFlights!

My story "Gaming Real Life" is up at MindFlights! Go read it! If you ever doubted I was a super-geek, now you know. And if you understand all the geekdom injokes in the story, you're a super-geek too! Although I could easily have made it much worse, but then it wouldn't have been readable.

Things are finally back to (reasonably) normal at work, and I only have two more days and then I'm off for the holidays! So I will hopefully be returning to my normal overactive bloggish presence here, and maybe I'll also get some writing done.

5 comments:

Jamie Eyberg said...

That was hilarious. I just forwarded it on to my old college roomate. (He still plays those types of games and is actually an award winning editorial cartoonist) It always amazes me what other writers come up with that I would never have thought of.

K.C. Shaw said...

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it! It was a hella fun to write, that's for sure.

Aaron Polson said...

I bet it was fun to write, I cracked up while reading. Lines like "level-seventeen accountant" and "it's IT Guy. He's got a row of pencils in his shirt pocket" are priceless.

Cate Gardner said...

Cool story. I loved the Office Politics bit and, like Aaron. IT Guy, but I'm wondering what bits of humour my non-gaming head missed. I feel like there's a whole other level to this story and I don't have the key.

K.C. Shaw said...

Aaron is a super-geek. Sorry, Cate, you didn't quite make super-geekness. I know you must be upset about that. :)

I'm glad you all liked the story!