Monday, August 24, 2009

It's a contest!


Yes, finally, I got my sh--stuff together enough to start the contest.

Because I am the least organized person in the world, and more to the point didn't expect Jack of All Trades to be released until next month, I didn't have any bookmarks or anything printed up ahead of time. So I made some! Well, okay, I've made two so far, out of 20 planned (because I only have 20 blank bookmarks). Each one will be unique and numbered, so they're collectible! Yeah, collectible. Also, the lettering is by my mom, who letters much better than me, and the dragon artwork is by the awesome Richard Svensson, taken from the book, printed on my crappy printer, and glued down with artist's glue (not Elmer's). The yarn is handspun by me! My goodness, how exciting can you get? Also, the bookmarks are 100% guaranteed to mark your place in any book you choose. Except ebooks.

So anyway, the contest. All you have to do is reply to this blog post and you're entered. But you can't reply anonymously, because how do I know which anonymous person you are? At the end of the week (Saturday night), I'll put all the names in a hat and pick one, and that lucky person will win a signed copy of Jack of All Trades and a bookmark! Two other not-quite-so-lucky people will win bookmarks. I'll probably throw in some other little things too, although I don't know what yet. I've got my eye on a sticker-maker, but they're not cheap.

22 comments:

Unknown said...

a collectable (eh, that can't be right, but it sound of sounds right when you pronounce it) you say? a guaranteed bookmarking device you say? sign me up!

Jameson T. Caine said...

Yay for collectible book marks!

Danielle Birch said...

Very impressive looking bookmarks.

BT said...

Very kewl - count me in.

Verification word = ousnob

Definition: someone who has an issue with some vowels?

Cate Gardner said...

Your bookmarks are gorgeous. I want, I want, I want. Runs off and wonders how she can bribe Kate.

Alan W. Davidson said...

Ooh,contest. You know I'll be there with bells on!

Carrie Harris said...

Woo hoo! I'm all impressed by your bookmark making self. You know that, don't you?

Jamie Eyberg said...

they make blank bookmarks? Wow! you really do learn something new every day.

Unknown said...

Dude, I totally want a bookmark.

Aaron Polson said...

Me too, me too. My copy came in the mail yesterday, and I'm speeding through my current "read-in-progress" to tackle Jack. It's a lovely looking book.

Anonymous said...

I want to enter!

I read your blog from LJ, but I don't know if my LJ identity will let me comment here... I'll try.

I would love to win your book, and a bookmark would be good too, especially the homespun, or rather katespun yarn, but I'm not sure I would use a sticker maker. If I win that, you can give it to someone who really really wants one.

Thanks!

K.C. Shaw said...

Barbara--Hi! I'm glad you're doing well! I need to start dropping by your blog again.

If I do get a sticker-maker, I'll probably just make stickers as part of the prize. No way will I be able to part with a sticker-maker once I get my hands on one. :)

Anne Spollen said...

I just stopped in to see if there were any wise guys who tried to be anonymous.

But yeah -- collectible bookmarks! Sounds great to me. Your book is available in one month?

K.C. Shaw said...

It's actually available now, which was a bit earlier than I thought. That's good. :)

ikkinlala said...

I'd love to enter if Canadians may.

K.C. Shaw said...

Of course! Anyone in the world. :)

Anonymous said...

I am intrigued by the homespun yarn. I mean, really?? So cool!

My mom ADORES her sticker maker. She's a librarian and uses it all the time.

-Mercedes

Missy Pratt said...

I found out about your book on your Mom's LJ and loved the first chapter. Looks like I'm off to the book store tomorrow. *g*

Missy

Unknown said...

well! Nice news after a crappy week, Kate. You. Rock.

Mantelli said...

What a charming book!

anisopteras said...

I enjoyed the first chapter!

Unknown said...

How exciting!