Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Working

I'm still stuck in the masquerade scene. It is a pivotal point in the book and a lot longer than I intended--just like the rest of the book is--but it shouldn't be taking me this freaking long to finish it. I should have the whole book finished by now.

Part of the problem is my work schedule. It turns out I'm off Thursday through Sunday--I don't have to work at all Saturday!--but that means I have an awful lot to do before the end of tomorrow. I didn't get home from work until after ten last night, and not until after eight tonight, and I do have other stuff I need to do besides write. I think cleaning the kitchen might take three of the four days I have off, for one thing.

I'm going to finish Stag in Velvet by Sunday night, though. One way or another, I'll type THE END before midnight on July 6, just see if I don't.

No comments: