Thursday, January 1, 2009

Read me at BCS!

My story "Sand-Skin Man" is up at Beneath Ceaseless Skies! I'm very proud. And it's a great way to start off the new year, with a story in an excellent magazine!

Oh, and Terry Pratchett has been knighted, which is awesome too. Although not quite as awesome as my story--but then, what is?

Oh, and an idea from P.J. Hoover via Carrie Harris, I'm also going to try and read 50 books this year (not re-reads). I'll stick a new gumpy thing on the sidebar to list the books as I read them, so if anyone wants to race you can see how I'm doing. Competitive reading = fun!

8 comments:

camillealexa said...

Happy first day of 2009!

Total re-congrats on the BCS story!

Josh Reynolds said...

Congratulations!

Jameson T. Caine said...

Excellent story and congrats!

I like the 50 book idea. I think I'll rush off to shamelessly "borrow" it.

Jamie Eyberg said...

Yippee for published stories. Especially good stories in good markets!

Catherine J Gardner said...

Ooh! I've printed it out and will read it at work tomorrow.

K.C. Shaw said...

Thanks, y'all!

Everyone is eating black-eyed peas today, right? They give you luck for the year!

Aaron Polson said...

Beautiful tale. Beautiful.

"...he had left me with a purpose greater than revenge." Cuts to the quick, that does.

And you worked in about fifteen were-animals.

K.C. Shaw said...

lol, yes, I even think I mentioned weredeer. Thanks, I'm glad you liked it.