Saturday, May 1, 2010

How the peppers do grow


It's May 1, so here are my first-of-the-month pepper pictures. First up is the back garden, the big one with the hot peppers in it. In the middle you can clearly see the crooked rows of radishes that are doing very well, with peppers (and tomatoes) growing on either side. The bottom part of the garden is actually sown with zinnias, sunflowers, marigolds, and other hardy flowers since it turned out to be nothing but clay and gravel--not good soil for peppers.

Now here is the front garden, where the mild peppers are. It's not nearly as big but it's much better soil and gets lots more sun than the back.


And here are the eleven flats of pepper plants and seedlings that are waiting to be planted--preferably in other people's gardens, since I'm out of room. Today was my last Saturday that I have to work until June, so next Saturday I'm taking some of the bigger plants out to the big Oak Ridge farmer's market to try and unload them.

7 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

You're making me want to go out and plant things in my garden. I hope the urge passes. :D

Paula RC said...

Yesterday I was busy in my garden. I've done all my pots and hanging baskets. Yesterday we had sunshine today rain, well at least the garden will have a good soaking.

Good luck with your plants selling.

K.C. Shaw said...

Cate--Plant a flower for me! A plastic flower, so it won't die. :)

Jarmara--Ooh, I love hanging baskets! I bet your garden looks gorgeous.

Fox Lee said...

Ooh, I have to show these pictures to Ying! He loves vegetable gardening : )

K.C. Shaw said...

We had about four inches of rain over the weekend, so everything looks soggy and weedy now. As soon as it dries out a little I need to get out there to weed.

Danielle Birch said...

Looks like everything is coming along very nicely. My garden is sadly neglected at the moment.

K.C. Shaw said...

It's getting very weedy right now. If I don't get out there Thursday and do some work, it will look like a lawn with peppers in it.