Tuesday, April 28, 2009

No axe-grinding here, of any sort, promise

Quick addendum to my earlier post--I hope I didn't give the impression that anyone who doesn't get out of my stories exactly what I thought I put into them is *stamp* misunderstanding my genius. Once a story's published, it's up for interpretation. Like it or dislike it on your own terms: that's your right as a reader, and I respect that utterly. I just didn't want anyone to think I had some kind of religious axe to grind in "God of Worms."

6 comments:

Aaron Polson said...

I thought it was more of a philosophic ax/axe. ;) (giggles at his own rather stupid joke)

BT said...

I liked the story and couldn't help myself with a comment. I apologize to you in advance if i start a flame war.

How's this for an appropriate verification word: flogg

;c)

Cate Gardner said...

People misunderstand my genius all the time. :)

Jamie Eyberg said...

do a poetry workshop sometime and see how misunderstood you are. Really.

Unknown said...

Yikes. Those comments are anal. I loved the story. Good job and thanks!

K.C. Shaw said...

Aaron--Please, allow me to supply the snazzy rimshot. :)

BT--Now I have to go back and look at the comments again, and I promised I wouldn't! Thanks, though.

Cate--We're surrounded by IDIOTS! (I've always wanted to say that.)

Jamie--Oh, lordie, I don't even want to imagine that.

Jeremy--Thanks! Yeah, seems like some of the commenters need to pick up a hobby to keep them occupied.