Thursday, April 9, 2009

Short story bits

My flash story "Realer Than Real" is up at AlienSkin. I'd almost forgotten about that one, so it was a nice surprise to notice it.

Someone reported an acceptance to the Dead Bait anthology on Duotrope, so maybe those of us who received hold notices will hear soon. I hope they want my story, since it's not going to be easy to place a story about undead sharks anywhere else.

Thaumatrope
is open for submissions again. They're a Twitter magazine, and I really enjoy reading the tiny stories they post every day. In addition to the individual stories, every month or so they run a serialized story, which is extra cool. I've been wasting time this evening writing a serialized story to submit. It's a lot harder than I expected.

And...I spent four hours this morning helping Mom put together her new gazebo tent thingy out back. While we worked, we discussed the awful time-travel story I have to rewrite, and she helped me work out a completely new plot. I still don't want to write it, but at least it won't suck like the current version does.

8 comments:

Aaron Polson said...

Well...Darren got what he deserved, didn't he? Lovely story!

Here's to home chores and rewrites! Huzzah!

Jamie Eyberg said...

Twitter stories are fun. I have one coming up on Thaumotrope later this month and another one next month (I think)

K.C. Shaw said...

Aaron--thanks! I didn't get as much done today as I wanted, but at least the gazebo is assembled.

Jamie--Cool, you'll have to post when they're up so I know they're yours. I've got one coming up in June, I think.

Jameson T. Caine said...

I've known people like Darren. I nearly applauded at his fate. Well done.

K.C. Shaw said...

Jameson--Thanks!

Jameson T. Caine said...

Forgot to say that I am performing the ritualistic dance of hope in regards to your (and mine) Dead Bait story.

Cate Gardner said...

Loved your story, KC. :)

K.C. Shaw said...

Jameson--I'd better join you in that dance!

Cate--Thanks!