Saturday, January 2, 2010

How long can I keep this up?

I have read one book every day this year. So far. That's two books. As you can probably tell, I am doing my best to get well ahead of the game. If I can reach my 50 book goal well before the end of the year, I get a cookie.

I'm still working on the Bell-Men rewrites. It's not that I'm not actually working very hard, it's that every time I think, "I'm almost done! I can finish this today!", it turns out that I'm wrong wrong wrong. This is precisely what happened to me when I was finishing the first draft, and I rushed it and ended up with a pile of junk. I'd really like to be finished with the rewrite so I can move on to work on the swashbuckling fantasy again, but I am not going to screw up the rewrite too.

7 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

Don't you dare screw up the Bell-Men rewrite. :D

I am so proud of myself, I've read one book in two days... Being ill does have its bonuses.

Jamie Eyberg said...

At this rate you will have read 365 books this year. You should have that cookie by February.

K.C. Shaw said...

Cate--Working hard not to screw up. :)

Jamie--That would be awesome. I bet there are people out there who could do it, but I bet they don't have to work.

Aaron Polson said...

Maybe you can read 50 books for me, too, this year. Maybe?

K.C. Shaw said...

Suuuuure, I'd be happy to read 50 extra books for you this year. If you pay me. I accept chocolate, champagne, or charge cards. :)

Fox Lee said...

You're going to be eating a BIG cookie : )

K.C. Shaw said...

Or a billion little cookies. Either way, I'm happy. :)