Friday, January 22, 2010

Time to Type

I just finished reading Scott Lynch's Red Seas Under Red Skies (review up at Skunk Cat), which of course means I spent the evening reading instead of writing. I can't even stay up very late writing since I have to work tomorrow.

On the other hand, I did get some writing done today and the words flowed pretty easily. I wrote longhand, which is actually good for me: when I type it up, it'll be very easy to just keep typing when I run out of handwritten words. I just need to find time to type.

Of course, nothing I write will ever be as good as the book I just read. I typically don't compare myself to other writers--but damn, do my little stories seem like unimportant fluff right now.

5 comments:

LMEighmy said...

I feel the same way about my writing. I wonder if any of the "big wigs" feel that way. ;)

Fox Lee said...

I'm sure every writer feels the same, whenever they read something new that they love. It keeps us humble ; )

K.C. Shaw said...

LMEighmy--I hope the big wigs do feel awed by other writers' stuff sometimes.

Natalie--Precisely! I'll have to remember that when I'm one of the big wigs. :)

Danielle Birch said...

I was reading Stephen King's new book over the weekend, when I should have been writing...and watching the tennis...and shopping.

K.C. Shaw said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend except for the not-writing thing. Um, I got two loads of laundry done myself. Whee!