Monday, September 29, 2008

Halloween Hello Kitty fixes everything.

I'm feeling better about life in general now, for three reasons.

1. I checked my mail this morning and my pencil roll came! It's made of Hello Kitty Halloween cloth, which is the CUTEST thing ever, and it's really well made! I ordered it last week after Leigh Dragoon posted about hers, and the second I saw it I had to have one. Leigh Dragoon publishes Byzarium and she bought one of my stories this spring, so obviously she has good taste.

2. I got an email from the 3-day novel contest, and my entry has been received. Now I don't have to worry that it was lost in post office limbo somewhere.

3. I was supposed to give the residual ACT this evening, a real drag since it takes a good three and a half hours so I wouldn't have gotten home until about 10pm, but we only had two examinees signed up and neither of them showed. So I got to leave early.

Of course, nothing short of a big juicy acceptance would fully erase the burn from this morning's shitty rejection.

2 comments:

Carrie Harris said...

I've never heard of a pencil roll before, but it sure is ridiculously cute!

K.C. Shaw said...

Isn't it? I don't actually need one, but I think I can use it for knitting stuff. I just couldn't resist it!