Thursday, September 4, 2008

post-book blahs

It's nice to be back on my regular schedule, with Thursdays off. I didn't do much today--certainly no writing--but I did get my lawn mowed (and part of my mom's lawn too). That counts for something. It was hot, though, and I think I drank about a quart of lemonade afterwards, so that I all but sloshed with every step.

As usual after I finish a big project, I can't seem to settle to anything else right away. I didn't think I'd have this problem after the contest, since I only wrote for two days (and edited for one), but I was pretty much immersed in the world and its characters for a full month. Now I may just start planning for my Nano novel early, since I can't even find the energy for even a short story.

4 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

Yeah, I'm kind of stuck in a rut at the moment too.

K.C. Shaw said...

You've been writing a lot more stuff than me, though. I need to be a little more disciplined, I think.

J m mcdermott said...

Nah, if you ain't in the mood, go do stuff you're in the mood for.

If whatever you're writing isn't more interesting than mowing the lawn and chillin' with your family, I certainly don't want to be the guy reading it.

Go read a book, or something. Re-charge.

K.C. Shaw said...

You're right, of course. On the other hand, when I do get into a project I get interested very quickly--I just lose interest very quickly too, as soon as I set it aside for something.

I think I will do some reading this weekend, though. Good idea!