Friday, September 26, 2008

NaNoWriMo signup now! ...and 300 days

I did have a peppy excited post about signing up for NaNoWriMo early--this year they've opened the floodgates in September instead of waiting for October 1, so if you want to join in, hop on over now to sign up! And buddy me so we can race!

But Blogger ate my peppy post, dammit. So I'm a little annoyed and can't quite manage the same level of peppiness.

According to Duotrope, a small publisher has had one of my favorite manuscripts for 300 days now. I'd get all annoyed about how long they're keeping it--but at this point, I figure they're seriously considering it since they've kept it so long. Over three months ago I sent a status query email and got back a note that the manuscript was with an editor for a full read. Now I'm starting to get antsy again, because what if I missed the rejection email in the last three months? I used my old email address to submit, the email that gets a billion spams a day. I do a search of the trash (for "submission") before I dump it, but I might easily miss an important email even so.

I really hope they buy this book. I keep writing sequels for the damn thing.

2 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

I've buddied you and am getting very, very excited about my project.

Though I can assure you, you will win the race. :)

K.C. Shaw said...

I don't know, last year I dragged my feet the whole time and barely managed to cross the finish line. My brother--who's a computer programmer, not a writer--beat me.

I'll go buddy you! I really need to start whipping up excitement over my project too.