Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A completely unexpected acceptance!

I just got home from work--we're back on our regular semester schedule at work, which means I work ten hours on Tuesdays--and I'm so tired I almost didn't even bother to check my email. I'm glad I did! My story "Meet Mary Sue" has been accepted at Andromeda Spaceways Inflight Magazine! *does many backflips*

I totally 100% did not expect this. I've only sent them a few stories before, but none of them has even passed the first round of readings. My story will appear in issue #40, thus fulfilling one of my unwritten new year's resolutions--get a story into an issue (of any magazine) in the double-digits.

Oh, and I'd link to ASIM but their site seems to be down right now.

4 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

WOOT! Congratulations!

Yeah, I'm two subs in and still haven't made it beyond the first round.

K.C. Shaw said...

Good luck! I'm absolutely flabbergasted, myself.

J m mcdermott said...

That's a quality publication of much respect! KUDOS!

K.C. Shaw said...

Thanks! I am still stunned at the acceptance. I keep going back to look at the email because I can't quite believe it.