Thursday, August 28, 2008

I lied.

Okay, so I wrote another story this morning for Cinema Spec. I couldn't help it! I had nothing to do at work and my brain would have exploded from boredom otherwise! It's a true flash story, right at 675 words, and it's SF set in an undetermined future where the "movie" isn't exactly a movie. It seems to fit what the editor wants a lot better than my earlier stories, so I'm crossing my fingers on this one.

Anyway, if Cinema Spec doesn't want it, it's perfect for Every Day Fiction and I haven't sent them anything in a while.

I'm gearing up for this weekend. I've cleaned the kitchen, bought groceries, and I even remembered to get a menu from the only pizza place that delivers to my tiny town. They sell spinach pizza! I even got cash to pay the delivery guy. At the moment I'm working on killing the gnats which have infested my house in the last month or so. I really hate them. I got one in my ear a few weeks ago, which was disgusting, but no more disgusting than the most effective way of killing them, which is smacking them with my bare hands.

4 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

LOL! I do the same thing all the time. Good luck.

K.C. Shaw said...

I think I'm going to have to get some kind of gnat killer. It's not possible to deal out a personal death to every gnat in this house!

Camille Alexa said...

Karen Romanko is a lovely editor to work with.

K.C. Shaw said...

She seems to know her stuff, actually. I hope my current story works for her!