Sunday, August 10, 2008

Reading my own book

I'm rereading Evil Outfitters, Ltd for the first time in months and months and months, and while I have made a few small changes, I'm happy with it. I just don't know where to send the damn thing. It hasn't been out to many publishers; it's only gotten three rejects, one no-response, and one request for full from WOTC Discoveries that just folded. Unfortunately, there aren't many big publishers that take unagented stuff. I was going to send it to DAW, but I don't want to print 400-some pages and mail them off just to get them rejected. Talk about wasteful.

I guess I could start querying smaller publishers, but--let's face it--they all suck. If they didn't suck, they'd be big publishers. I might be generalizing just a little bit here.

4 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

Ooh, lucky you. Someone has to take that book someday or I'll go mad. The title is so cool, I have to have it on my bookshelf.

K.C. Shaw said...

When it's finally published, I'll send you the first copy. I hope you don't mind waiting about 200 years, at this rate.

Cate Gardner said...

I'll hold you to that. :)

In the words of Bon Jovi, Keep the Faith

K.C. Shaw said...

lol, thanks!