Tuesday, August 5, 2008

why, dammit?

I have my main characters' names, Hilda and Justice, so that if I have to, I can title it Hilda and Justice, although I'd rather not. And I know how they're going to play off each other, and what they want (or think they want)--but I don't know WHY.

Why why why whywhywhy? Why does Hilda want terrible revenge against the guy I haven't invented yet? Why is Justice living on the outskirts of the drake colony after being brought all the way to the city at great expense? Why can't I dredge up anything except the most banal of plot points?

Ice cream might help. Ice cream, or a really long walk around town so I can think. And then ice cream.

2 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

I recommend lots of ice cream - strawberry preferably. I love the idea stage.

K.C. Shaw said...

I have the Neopolitan kind, with strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate, because I love all three. I love the idea stage too, although I wish this project would gel a little quicker than it seems to be doing. More ice cream! That's what I need!