Thursday, March 19, 2009

Best-laid plans

Ugh, what a day. I hardly got anything done, despite all my plans.

I started out well. I sent two queries out to agents this morning, and I paid the utility bill, and then I went hiking for a few hours. The lower paths are surrounded by bloodroot, trout lilies, and spring beauties, which are all blooming like crazy. When I got back, I washed Mom's car and then mine, at which point Mom pointed out that my tags were expired.

So I ran into Clinton to pay my registration, and discovered that Toyota Financial had never bothered to send the Pennsylvania title to Tennessee when the Tennessee DMV had requested last year (because I'd bought the car in PA and then moved to TN), which meant I couldn't renew my registration. I spent the next three hours making phone calls, trying to get everything resolved. Finally, about 4:30, I got it all sorted and finally got the stupid orange sticker for my tags. It all ended well--with pizza--but it totally blew my afternoon plans.

I tried to read the Jack of All Trades proofs after supper, but after one chapter I realized I was too distracted to do it justice and I'd better put it off to this weekend. I went to take a shower instead, and didn't notice until I started reaching for the shampoo bottle for the third time that I was still pretty distracted. At least my hair is incredibly clean now.

One bright note: I got The Crown Conspiracy by Michael J. Sullivan in the mail today. I've only read the first page, but the writing is good. So since our nice warm weather has turned blustery and rainy and cold, I think I'll settle down to read until bedtime.

3 comments:

Jameson T. Caine said...

Sorry to hear about your car problems. I tend to view vehicles as necessary evils.

Everything ends well when it ends with pizza! Seriously, I love pizza more than a sewer full on ninja turtles.

Word verification: logdamned

Jamie Eyberg said...

I hate dealing with DMV. them and insurance. I don't know how they manage to get anything done between the two of them. Glad you had a nice hike. that sounds like fun.

K.C. Shaw said...

Jameson--I think I've eaten pizza three times this week. My favorite is spinach (yummmm) but I'm on a pepperoni kick lately.

Jamie--I was tearing my hair out until (oddly enough) I got a very helpful lady at the DMV in Nashville who knew exactly what she was doing, did it, told me exactly what I needed to do, and gave me her name and told me to call if I had any further problems. I wish everyone was like that!