Thursday, March 12, 2009

Watchmen and a small title problem

I saw "Watchmen" today. It was okay. Parts of it were excellent, but the only character I liked at all was Rorschach (it doesn't matter how I spell it, it looks wrong). All the others were either irritating (the blue guy) or colorless (the hawk guy and his girlfriend with the awful haircut). Adrian, or whatever his name was, might have been interesting, but the director had to hold so much information back about him because of the plot that he ended up just another colorless guy, this one with an on-again-off-again accent. The movie was beautifully done, though. If you haven't seen it, I recommend withholding liquids that day because the movie is about twelve hours long. I spent the last hour in misery from an overfull bladder, but I didn't want to run out to the bathroom and maybe miss something.

Anyway, I've started writing my new project, which is tentatively named Little Sparrow. I do actually really like the title, which makes sense in context with the story, but it's also the title of a Dolly Parton song. And that means I get the song stuck in my head EVERY TIME I OPEN THE FILE. I'm either going to have to write this one really fast, or just get used to humming "he will crush you like a sparrow/break your little heart in two" in my head constantly. At least I like the song.

And no, I didn't even start revisions of the time travel story today. Tomorrow.

7 comments:

Jeremy D Brooks said...

Just don't write a story called Numa Numa. 'Cuz that would suck.

K.C. Shaw said...

Wise advice indeed!

Cate Gardner said...

You are so lucky that I don't know that song. :) Love the title.

Oh dear, there was I thinking I was safe and now I've got 'Jolene' stuck in my head.

Jamie Eyberg said...

Will wait for it to come to video and then I will have to wait until both kids are in school because otherwise I wouldn't get to watch it anyway. (have yet to watch the last Indiana Jones movie I have owned since Christmas)

Aaron Polson said...

Little Sparrow is a beautiful title. In time, your tale will replace Dolly Parton in your head. I promise. ;)

Unknown said...

Replace the Dolly Parton song in your head with a song by the wonderful Edith Piaf, La Mome Piaf (The Little Sparrow) of France. Google her and find her music. You shouldn't be dissapointed!

K.C. Shaw said...

Cate--"Jolene" is the worst song for getting-stuck-in-the-head that I know of. And now it's in mine too. :)

Jamie--You're not missing much from the Indiana Jones movie, unfortunately. But I do know people who loved it, so maybe it's just me.

Aaron--I doubt it, but at least I like the song.

Jeremy--cool, off to Google Edith Piaf!