Thursday, March 26, 2009

Misery loves company

I had a hypoglycemic attack this afternoon, which sounds much worse than it was, and the remedy was eating porkchops, mashed potatoes, and spinach and then taking a pleasant walk in the rain-washed evening light. I'm feeling much better now. I need to be more careful, especially right now while I'm actively dieting. I sometimes forget I'm hypoglycemic (=my body overproduces insulin) until I have a meltdown.

Oddly enough, I was rather productive through the whole cruddy afternoon. I wrote 3,000 words on Little Sparrow, which is shaping up nicely although I'm still fuzzy on what the plot is actually going to accomplish. But at least the main characters have some compelling reasons to be doing what they're doing now. The scene I wrote today was of Sparrow accidentally witnessing a murder. It matched how I was feeling.

7 comments:

Jameson T. Caine said...

I like your remedy! Of course, I want to be stricken with a disease that can only be countered with liberal amounts of prime rib and lobster.

Jamie Eyberg said...

Sorry you weren't feeling well. Congrats on the more than adequate word count however. A plot will eventually show up, they usually do, about dinner time. Especially if you are having pork chops and mashed potatoes.

BT said...

Yes I like my food, but I must say the walk in the rain-washed evening light sounded wonderful. Then again, anything rain-washed would be good around these parts.

Congarts on the wordage - excellent progress.

K.C. Shaw said...

Jameson--if you're going to have something wrong with you, might as well be something that can be countered with good food. :)

Jamie--Thanks! I have a good start to the plot, so I'm sure it'll unroll as I go. If not, I'll eat more potatoes.

BT--I'd send you some rain but I can't figure out how to box it up. It's been raining for two solid days, although it cleared up this evening in time for my walk.

Cate Gardner said...

Congrats on the word count and I hope you're feeling better.

Aaron Polson said...

oooo...accidently witnessing a murder. That plot will definately take care of itself.

K.C. Shaw said...

Cate--Thanks, and I do feel better, just really grouchy and headachey today. No one will notice a difference from my usual self. :)

Aaron--Yeah, Sparrow is going to end up clearing out of town just in case, only he doesn't realize he's headed to the same city the murderers are going to. Fun!