Sunday, March 1, 2009

I'm a Superior Scribbler, apparently!

The esteemed Jamie Eyberg has awarded me a Superior Scribbler award, which is cool. Aaron Polson awarded me too! That's double cool!

Here are the rules:

Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.
Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award.
Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!
Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.

Almost everyone whose blog I read has already been awarded the Superior Scribbler award by someone else, so I'm just going to re-award some folks. Eh, I need to get out more, don't I?

1. J.M. McDermott--I love his writing, and his blog is interesting and often funny. If you haven't picked up his excellent book Last Dragon, published last year, you really ought to; it's a beautifully written example of the New Weird in fantasy.

2. Jeremy Kelly--A horror writer who writes about trains! How cool is that? Jeremy's writing is great, and I love his posts about his son (who's definitely going to grow up a storyteller himself).

3. Jameson T. Caine--Another horror writer. You guys scare me! Jameson deserves the Superior Scribbler award just for his recent computer troubles. He lost a lot of his work, but instead of committing seppuku the way I would, he's rewriting some of the stories he lost.

4. Jeremy D. Brooks--And, another horror writer. Also another Jeremy. I love the eclecticism of his blog, where he can touch on the Academy Awards, the state of publishing today, and the creepy fish his wife filmed all in the same breath. And he reads a lot more widely than I do, which humbles me.

5. Jim C. Hines--What the heck, let's stick with the J names. Jim Hines doesn't read my blog, but he deserves a Superior Scribbler award for his fun novels. His most recent book is The Stepsister Scheme, which I recommend. I like the fact that his blog is light-hearted, but he's not afraid to explore darker topics--something that's also true in his books.

6 comments:

Jeremy D Brooks said...

(blush blush)...thanks

Jameson T. Caine said...

Who...ME?

WHAT?

Um...thank you. :)

Jamie Eyberg said...

I've been called a lot of things in my life but esteemed has not been one of them, well until now. *blushes*

Cate Gardner said...

Nice 'J' choices. :D

K.C. Shaw said...

Jeremy and Jameson--of course you two!

Jamie--it's not a dirty word, I promise. :)

Cate--I thought so too! :)

Unknown said...

YAY! Thanks for reading. I'm knocking that award right back at you - I love reading your blog!