Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I worked with a zombie.

I don't even want to talk about Tuesdays. Tuesdays are awful. Leave for work at 7:30 am, get home about 8:30 pm.

Absolutely nothing's going on with my writing. No acceptances or rejections, no word counts to speak of. I am in one of those fallow periods that seem to come this time of year. I'm holding my breath, ready for spring. Daffodils are blooming, and tomorrow it's supposed to be 70-some degrees. Today it's still cold.

I did get my contract for Jack of All Trades back a few days ago, which was nice, and I need to email the artist a reply (I can't wait until I have art I'm allowed to show you--this guy is amazing!), and I need to--argh--finish the time travel story. It's a Jack of All Trades tie-in, explanation why to follow one of these days. Anyway, now that I wrote all that, I realize that it's not that nothing's going on, it's that I'm just not digging into a new project right now. I really want a new project. But I have to get all the old project stuff done first and also let my brain rest up a little.

6 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

Pick yourself up - you have a book about to be published. YAY!

K.C. Shaw said...

Yeah, it is pretty exciting. :) More exciting if it was going to be on bookshelves, though. Still, I am happy with the book and can't wait to inflict it on all those people who keep asking to read something I wrote (what, can't they Google me?).

Aaron Polson said...

Inflict away! Huzzah!

Jamie Eyberg said...

What a rush!

Carrie Harris said...

Enjoy the weather and the zombie-free-ness. Not to mention the book!!!

K.C. Shaw said...

Aaron--As soon as I can, I will! :)

Jamie--Yeah, now that I think about it, it is. Sort of a stealth rush.

Carrie--no more zombies for me! And it's warmed up nicely this afternoon.