Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Mystery Package

I stopped on the way home from work tonight to get my mail. In my mailbox were a package slip and a big envelope containing the pepper seeds I ordered! The seeds got me all excited right away, and I figured the package slip is my B&N book order I placed last week.

But when I got home, my B&N books had come by UPS and were already waiting for me. So now I have absolutely no idea what the package slip is for, which is even more exciting than pepper seeds and books. It could be anything!

One of the books I ordered is Karl Shuker's The Unexplained, "an illustrated guide to the world's paranormal mysteries." I wanted to give it a shoutout here since it's got too many pictures for me to count it toward my "50 books in 2010" count or my recommended books list. Yes, I know, I am arbitrary and full of meaningless rules.

10 comments:

Jameson T. Caine said...

If the package contains a big black box with a shiny red button in the middle, don't press it! ;)

K.C. Shaw said...

What if the big red button reads "press"? I'd HAVE to press it then, even if it was ticking!

Danielle Birch said...

I would add it to the list :)

Fox Lee said...

I love mystery packages! : ) Although in your case, it's probably not from Hong Kong.

K.C. Shaw said...

Danielle--I might. It looks like a great book. :)

Natalie--Probably not. But it might be! It might be from Mars!

Jamie Eyberg said...

If it ticks or smokes put it in a bucket of water and run! Hope it is something good.

Cate Gardner said...

Ooh, there's nothing more exciting than mystery packages.

K.C. Shaw said...

Jamie--It might be an alarm clock if it ticks, right? :)

Cate--Definitely!

Anonymous said...

You inspired me. I ordere pepper seeds. Most peppers won't grow here, but I saw one kind, Rocoto peppers, that were supposed to like cool weather. We shall see...

K.C. Shaw said...

Oh, wonderful! You'll have to post pictures!

My pepper seeds have finally started to sprout in their little peat pots. I need to get more peat pots.