Sunday, October 30, 2011

Breaking things

We're down to three regular-sized bowls and one small decorative dessert bowl, because I am a klutz. I broke two bowls at once today. I should have known that stacking them while I took them out of the dishwasher was a bad idea.

On the other hand, I put together our new coldframe (9 square feet!) without any trouble at all this afternoon. Mom sat on the patio wrapped up in about twenty shawls because it was still chilly, watching me and occasionally saying, "Can I help?" in a slightly smug tone of voice--knowing that of course I'd say, "No, I'm fine, thanks."

And I've spent the last four hours putting together a document of the best of Mom's blog posts. She wants to self-publish it as a collection for family and friends, so we have to do it fast so we can order copies in time for Christmas. I didn't break anything doing that one, although my right foot is inexplicably sticky--I think from some Jello I must have dropped earlier. On the rug. The white rug.

4 comments:

Aaron Polson said...

I go through periods of breaking things, too.

We have a cabinet full of mismatched dishes to prove it.

K.C. Shaw said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. I'm surprised I haven't broken my new phone yet. I've had it almost three whole weeks, after all.

Free Range Anglican said...

May I request ALL the family memory blog posts? :)
and South Carolina.

And in return, I promise to forget I saw this.

K.C. Shaw said...

Oh, gosh, you know we hadn't even thought to add the newer stuff like posts about the beach! If there's room, we'll stuff 'em in. :)