Wednesday, May 21, 2008

This is what I do when I'm not writing

I finally overhauled my website. It's not great, but it's a lot less amateurish-looking than it was. It still needs more work, but I'll wait until I have more content to add before I get back into it.

I'm sort of at loose ends right now with my writing. I had so much energy pouring into those revisions that now that I'm done, I don't feel like starting anything else. I've decided not to bother with the paranormal romance novella--for one thing, I've never even read a paranormal romance and don't ever intend to, and for another thing, after fifteen minutes of thinking hard about plot and characters, I was already bored with the whole idea.

I need to get started on a short story, since I have no entry for Writers of the Future this quarter. But I have no ideas. Bleah, bleah, boring. And tomorrow morning I'm proctoring a four-hour standardized test at work, which means about twenty minutes of reading script aloud and making sure no one's trying to cheat, and three hours and forty minutes of staring around the room doing absolutely nothing. I can't read or write while I'm proctoring. Maybe I'll think up story ideas.

2 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

Ooh that Black Dragon, White Dragon anthology looks neat - I'll have to add that to my to buy list.

K.C. Shaw said...

Yeah, I can't wait to read it myself! It's supposed to be out pretty soon, although last I heard the editor was having to fix some mistakes that turned up in the proofs, or something, so it's delayed a little longer than he'd wanted.