Friday, November 13, 2009

Oops.

Time to call in the evil clowns and cowboys and attacking robots! I've run out of plot. How do you run out of plot in a book that is so far only 23,000 words long and probably will be wrapped up by 35,000 words? I don't know, but I just managed it.

Of course I'm not entirely out of plot. The plotlines aren't resolved yet and the main character keeps getting into worse messes. It's just that I have the notebook in front of me and I'm staring at the next blank line thinking, "Now what? Nothing is happening. Nothing is about to happen. Unless I have May's breakfast brought to her by ninjas or something, there's a definite lack of things happening in the foreseeable future."

Maybe I'll just have the bounty hunter return and menace May for a little while. Except that he wouldn't do that when she's hanging out with a dragon. So I'd better get her away from the dragon. She really needs a bath and a change of clothes. Hehe, maybe she'll discover a bounty hunter spying on her then.

11 comments:

Jamie Eyberg said...

monkey ninjas to the rescue!

K.C. Shaw said...

I might have to throw in some zombies too. Zombies vs. Monkey Ninjas!

Aaron Polson said...

Definately time for the zombies. Lots of them.

Richard said...

Okay, think Alien. We need something bursting out of someone's stomach. That should reinvigorate the plot.

Maybe a ninja.

Alan W. Davidson said...

You get her that bath and change of clothes, KC. How is your mother occupying herself now that she has finished the NaNo thing?

K.C. Shaw said...

Aaron--You can never have too many zombies anyway.

Lertulo--A ninja bursting out of someone's stomach!

Alan--She's still smirking. I'm trying to talk her into doing some short fiction before November's over, though.

Fox Lee said...

Two words: more dragons.

Richard said...

Good: no blog updates. That means you're nanoing, right? :o

K.C. Shaw said...

Natalie--Hey, that's actually a good idea! I didn't think of adding more dragons. One dragon is like one potato chip.

Lertulo--Meh, I managed to get to 25,000 words just now. 25,000 boring words. It would be so awesome if I could just bust through tomorrow and finish the damn thing. I bet I could.

Cate Gardner said...

Yuck... A zombie used the bath before her and he's left a ring of skin... I shall barf now.

K.C. Shaw said...

Ewww. I think she'd notice before she got in, at least.

You just reminded me I have to scrub out the shower today. :)