Friday, November 11, 2011

Undead shark for the win!

I almost forgot to mention that my story "Red Teeth, Red Sails" has been accepted by Big Pulp! It'll appear in the March 2013 print issue. 2013! Dang!

Since I've been complaining about it so much, I'll give everyone an update on my Apex submission. I sent a note this week asking if I'd missed their response, and got back a note that I should have heard, but maybe my story had fallen through the cracks during a problem they'd had with their email, and did I want them to pass it along up to the new editor? *heavy sigh* No. No, I guess not. So I waited over a year for nothing.

And still nothing from Angry Robot. There's a lot of waiting in this game, isn't there? Sort of like baseball.

11 comments:

Aaron Polson said...

Ugh. Baseball. Only entertaining in person with a beer, hot dog, and bad nachos.

Yay for the Big Pulp sale, though! ;)

K.C. Shaw said...

I like baseball, actually. Especially with a good hot dog.

Arlee Bird said...

March 2013?!!!! They schedule that far into the future? The world is supposed to end in 2012. 2013 real sucks.

Lee
Memoirist Ann Carbine Best visits Wrote By Rote on Saturday 11/12/11

K.C. Shaw said...

Yeah, I couldn't believe it! They also have an online version of the magazine that comes out (I think) more often, but I made it into the print edition. :)

Cate Gardner said...

Congrats on the Big Pulp acceptance.

Danielle Birch said...

Congrats on the sale!

K.C. Shaw said...

Cate and Danielle--Thanks!

Conor said...

Oh man, an undead shark story, that sounds pretty great. It's a shame we have to wait until 2013 to read it thought. Congratulations all the same!

K.C. Shaw said...

Thanks! It is a fun little story, I think.

Kelly Robinson said...

Your successes are so inspirational to me!

K.C. Shaw said...

Thanks!