Saturday, November 15, 2008

Happy birthday, Jasper!

My Newfoundland dog Jasper is twelve today! That's like a million in people years. Actually, it's about 95 in people years for a giant breed dog. The average lifespan of a Newfoundland is 8-10 years.

I stopped on the way home from work and got him a bunch of his favorite chew treats, the ones that promise "hours of nutritious fun!" I gave him two of the biggest (a giant Busy Bone and another brand I can't remember), and of course he had them demolished and every crumb eaten in about half an hour, tops. I need to get him a new cow hoof--those actually take some chewing and he likes them.

I've got a headache and it's cold and I'm totally unmotivated to write. I just want to lie around feeling sorry for myself and watching Dale Hinman's Body of Evidence. But I can't, because it's still Nano and I've still got just over 20,000 words to go--to cross the Nano finish line and to finish my fastest-novel-ever! I want to get at least a few thousand words today if I can.

4 comments:

Aaron Polson said...

Happy birthday Jasper!

K.C. Shaw said...

Jasper says "woof." Which means thank you in Dog.

Cate Gardner said...

Happy 'Belated' Birthday, Jasper and make Kate do some work. :)

K.C. Shaw said...

He made me squeak past 30,000 words last night! He's a good dog. :)