Saturday, November 22, 2008

Nothing but books

I have finished my Christmas shopping, except for my mom and whoever the family member is whose name I draw at Thanksgiving. I got everyone books, even my three-year-old nephew (although I did get him a toy too).

I am doing my part to support the publishing industry. Also, I bought myself some books.

I'd list what I got for everyone but I don't want to spoil the surprises in case they read my blog. I'll just say that I think I chose well and if I didn't, well, at least I supported some authors. Oh, and I ordered a hardback of In the Company of Newfies by Rhoda Lerman to donate to the local library in Jasper's name. It's a wonderful book, if you know someone who loves big cuddly dogs.

2 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

I wish I could do that but most of my family don't read - how awful is that.

K.C. Shaw said...

I'm lucky that mine do. Although I don't really care this year. They get books anyway. It sure makes shopping simpler.