Thursday, May 21, 2009

Query, check. Synopsis...uh.

I got my first partial request for the new query that Carrie Harris, Query Ninja helped me with. It's already working! And the agent who wants to see the partial is an agent I would very much like to have.

So I'm all excited, except that now I have to work on my synopsis. My synopsis currently sucks so much that I've deliberately only queried agents who don't ask for synopses with the query. Fortunately, I'm taking today and tomorrow off work and Monday is a holiday, so I have five days to pummel the synopsis into shape. I suspect I'll need all five days.

9 comments:

Aaron Polson said...

If you need a set of eyes, send it my way: aaron_polson@hotmail.com. I'm not the best with the dreaded synopsis, but I can at least tell you if I know what's happening in the book. Good luck.

Aaron Polson said...

And congrats on the partial request!

BT said...

Conrats on the request and I wish you all the best with the synopsis. I'd follow Aaron and offer a set of eyes but I'm not at that point myself and really suck at writing synopsis.

I'll send you happy thoughts though...

K.C. Shaw said...

Aaron--I may take you up on that offer, just to make sure everything makes sense.

BT--I'm terrible at synopsis writing too. I'd rather just write another novel. :)

Jameson T. Caine said...

Super congrats on the request! WOOT! I know you'll beat that synopsis into shape by Memorial Day.

K.C. Shaw said...

Thanks! I hope so. I sure didn't get anything done today (although I did briefly open the file on the computer; didn't read it though).

Josh Reynolds said...

Congrats on the request! My fingers are crossed for you.

Carrie Harris said...

WOO HOO! I'm so glad to hear that your query is working!!!!!!

K.C. Shaw said...

Josh and Carrie--Thanks! Fingers crossed here too!