Thursday, July 16, 2009

And the week from hell hath ended with a whimper

I missed WIP Wednesday! And I actually have been working on a project, although not, alas, today. Today I didn't do jack except work work work workworkworkwork and I still didn't get everything done, including something rather important that is going to backfire on me and cause me (I can see this clearly) to be unable to take any time off in August.

On the other hand, I'm off work for the weekend, because the five hours I work on Saturday don't really count. And Mom picked up tickets to Harry Potter for tomorrow!

This weekend I want to edit "Standard-Bearer" and get it sent off, and I'd like to finish that story I was working on all week too. I'm about halfway through and can't tell if it's going to be any good. Since it's a short story, my guess is no, it will not be any good. But maybe it won't be all that bad.

6 comments:

Danielle Birch said...

At least you're working. I've done nothing in four days now, although have been sick so that's my excuse.

Alan W. Davidson said...

I haven't worked in four days either...and I've got no excuse (*sigh*). Think positive, the short story will be good. The short story will be good.

My wife and I will soon be off to Harry Potter as well since our son is going with a birthday party without us. Have a good weekend.

K.C. Shaw said...

Danielle--I hope you feel better soon so you can enjoy not doing anything.

Alan--There's always a good excuse for not writing. I can spend hours coming up with good excuses. :)

Jamie Eyberg said...

The short story will be GREAT! Have a fun weekend.

Cate Gardner said...

The five hours on Saturday don't count - I like your attitude. Enjoy HP.

K.C. Shaw said...

Jamie--I hope so! Thanks!

Cate--It counts if it turns out to be a busy day, but I don't think it will be. *crosses fingers*