Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I need more hours in the day

The end of the semester is kicking my butt. I've been blaming NaNoWriMo for my time management issues this past month, but yesterday I didn't write a word and I still wasn't able to do more than check my email a few times. Today was almost as bad. We're nearly to finals week and the students are driving me even more insane than usual.

Yesterday the power went out briefly across campus, which kicked the servers offline, which meant all the students taking computerized tests (most of them) lost their work. I know I shouldn't complain since I only proctor the tests, not take them myself, but it was just one of a billion horrible little things that happened yesterday. I felt like I was stung to death by gnats. The last straw was the girl who came in to take her nursing final and we couldn't get the password to work. I was nearly in tears, she was nearly in tears. It was terrible. I had one of those 'Calgon take me away' moments where I wanted to just walk out, get in my car, and drive away into a better life.

I may be a little stressed out right now.

I did get some writing done today, to my surprise, mostly over lunch. I've also wasted the last couple of hours reading an awesome mystery--I'll probably review it tomorrow, although I have to work tomorrow (I'm usually off Thursday) so I might not get around to it. What I do know is that I plan to take a hot shower right now and go to bed early.

No wait, I have to do laundry first, and I'm going to have to iron those gray slacks for work tomorrow. *weeps brokenly*

5 comments:

Aaron Polson said...

When you find a time-turner or other such device, please share. I could use an extra hour or two.

Fox Lee said...

What a rotten day : P Made me glad college is over!

K.C. Shaw said...

Aaron--Absolutely.

Natalie--Me too! At least I don't have to stay up late writing papers anymore.

Cate Gardner said...

I hate days like that. I think NaNo fatigue has a lot to do with it. I accomplished nothing yesterday.

K.C. Shaw said...

Nano fatigue, I like that excuse--er, I mean that phrase.