Monday, December 13, 2010

Snow Day!

We had a snow day today! We didn't get a whole lot of snow where I live--maybe an inch and a half, most of it melted off already--but Knoxville got two or even three inches. I work at a state college and it was closed today!

So being more or less housebound with a free day off, what do you think I did? If you guessed 'nothing,' you're right!

Okay, so it's not even four o'clock and I did read and review a book. I also went out with Mom for lunch and did some minor Christmas shopping (the main roads are safe enough, but the back roads are still treacherous). Tonight I plan to work on my uncle's puppy-fur scarf. That leaves me several hours where I can write.

So I need to pry myself away from the internet and other people's books and the big outside world and get some work done. I'm editing the still-untitled romance, which does not fill me with excitement.

6 comments:

Aaron Polson said...

Man...I love snow days. Sounds like it was good!

Danielle Birch said...

I would love one of those days right about now. Hope you enjoyed it.

K.C. Shaw said...

Aaron--I especially love snow days when the snow melts early enough that I don't feel trapped in the house.

Danielle--I did indeed! And I don't have to be at work until 10am tomorrow, too, which just makes it even better.

Fox Lee said...

I remember snow days : ) They kicked ass.

Chadwicked said...

We got hit hard in Ohio, but unfortunately no snow day for us. What a wonderful way to start the week . . . and who knows, perhaps there's more snow on the way, allowing more R&R just before the holidays?

K.C. Shaw said...

Natalie--They still do. :)

Chadwicked--They are calling for freezing rain Wed. night. I'd much rather have snow. Ice is scary.