Tuesday, April 12, 2011

All Tears

I managed to get some writing done this afternoon, for a change. I haven't written much on Bloodhound all week because I've been stuck. Finally I just started writing and managed to get through the stuck part, although it's going to need a lot of revising later.

Most of what I wrote today consisted of main character Cam and another character killing vampires and trying not to get killed in return. They were going in to rescue some other characters, some of whom had already been killed. Cam discovers their bodies.

At which point, I sat back and thought, "Who can I kill off? Who don't I need in the next book?"

Finally I made my decision, and felt awful about it. I really liked that character! He was a good guy and totally didn't deserve to be killed by vampires. I spent the rest of the work day considering that and how Cam would react to finding her friend's corpse, and kept tearing up and getting sniffly.

Since it's spring, I was able to remark occasionally to my coworkers, "I don't know what started blooming today, but it's driving my allergies crazy."

I don't have allergies. I just have a sensitive soul and cry over imaginary people.

4 comments:

Fox Lee said...

It's fine to cry over imaginary people. Among other emotions.

K.C. Shaw said...

That too. Different blog post. :)

Aaron Polson said...

Some times, it really rips my heart out to kill my characters. Other times, I enjoy it too much.

K.C. Shaw said...

Oh yeah, some characters just deserve to die.