Monday, April 25, 2011

Electricity and Me

As you may know, or you may not, for my day job I'm a test proctor at a state college. I do a variety of stuff, office work as well as test proctoring. One of the things I do occasionally is proctor standardized placement tests like the ACT.

Twice this month I've had to travel to one of our site campuses to give placement tests (note: not actually the ACT, but you won't have heard of the test I did give and it's not important anyway). Two weeks ago when I tested, we were two freaking minutes away from the end of the timed writing when the power went out. Boom, there went the test! The students had to start over with a different version of the test, and no one was happy. The proctor was very cranky that evening.

Tonight I remember thinking, "Well, no matter what happens during this test, at least we won't lose power."

HA HA HA HA HA HA.

Lightning loves me. What can I say?

5 comments:

Fox Lee said...

God hates standardized testing ; )

Cate Gardner said...

You're cursed... (and I suggest you obsessively save your WIP when typing).

K.C. Shaw said...

Natalie--He's not the only one, actually.

Cate--I do, I do! Ctl-S is my friend.

Danielle Birch said...

And back up too :)

K.C. Shaw said...

Absolutely! Speaking of which...where are my flash drives?