Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Nearly finished

I'm nearing the end of Bloodhound, finally! It's just over 90,000 words at the moment and I'll probably be able to wrap it up at around 100k. That's considerably shorter than Bell-Men (the book it's a sequel to), which I've only managed to trim to 116k words (from 125k originally). I have no idea if having a sequel that's shorter than the first book is good or bad or doesn't matter. I'm not going to worry about it.

I'm glad to nearly be finished with Bloodhound, because I have a lot of other projects pending. I still need to finish the rewrite of Trickster Society, and I want to finish the first draft of Adventures in Zoology now that I know how to end it. I plan to do both in that order, and hopefully I'll be done with both before the end of summer.

Also, I just got my edits for The Taste of Magic and need to work on those. It would be nice to have about twenty more hours in every week.

6 comments:

Michael McClung said...

Yay! Man, my own problem is getting away from beginnings. I have writer's ADD I think. I keep starting new stuff and finishing nothing :/

Cate Gardner said...

I wouldn't worry about it either. Congrats.

Fox Lee said...

Stop sleeping. Eating also uses up a lot of time ; )

K.C. Shaw said...

Michael--Oh, I do that too. :)

Cate--Thanks!

Natalie--Considering how few hours I slept last night, I think I'm trying the no-sleep thing by accident. Eating is a little harder to give up. :)

Danielle Birch said...

Woo Hoo! I love a good sequel.

K.C. Shaw said...

I just hope this is a good sequel and not just an okay sequel or even a disappointing sequel.