Saturday, December 29, 2007

Cutting and adding

Today, despite my feeling that I haven't been in my house for more than a few hours at a time since moving in, I decided I had to get OUT of the house for a while and get some writing done. I just can't concentrate at home sometimes, particularly when (like now) the dog comes in and stares at me until I get up and give him something to eat. He's a big dog with a very intent stare that gets on my nerves.

So I grabbed my laptop and went out to the only Starbucks on the freaking PLANET that doesn't have wifi, which was all to the good really because I wanted to write. But since I was feeling grim and a bit depressed, which may have something to do with being broke and jobless at the moment and may have something to do with watching the bleak I Am Legend last night, I spent the first fifteen minutes savagely cutting words out of my CatsCurious story. Cutting is an exercise best done when feeling grim anyway.

The result of the cutting was so good that I cheered up a bit and managed to add nearly a thousand words to the story afterwards. Although that may have something to do with the sugar-laden vanilla steamer I was drinking.

No comments: