Friday, December 21, 2007

Let's see... Charmed Life is taken...

Ideas for the next project are galloping along, fortunately. I've got the main idea for the story and the main character's personality and background are filled in too. This is the fun part, when anything can pop up out of my subconscious and slot into place to take the story in a new direction. This is--well, this is just the most fun ever, and I feel sorry for anyone who hasn't ever experienced it. Writing is awesome.

I'm to the point where I need to pick a title. It doesn't make any sense that picking a title at this stage should help with plotting--but it does. I guess it gives me a better sense of what direction the story will go. At the moment I'm leaning towards Charmed Life, except that Diana Wynne Jones got that title first. Not that there's anything wrong with duplicating a title, but DWJones is one of my favorite authors. What if my Charmed Life did well and then I met DWJones one day? It would be so awkward.

So you'll know what I'll be doing the rest of the evening: playing Frozen Bubble and thinking about phrases that might do for a title.

No comments: